Saturday 7 March 2015

Day Fifty-Six

It was a glorious day today.  Warm, sunny and relaxing.  I spent a lot of time both outside and in playing with my youngest son who is slowly getting over strep throat.

One of the highlights was digging out my charcoal bbq to grill some steak for dinner.

After dinner I took a walk up to Bank Street and picked up a few things at Metro.  Metro is a grocery store but to me it is still the IGA.  That is what it was when I was a kid.  Eventually it was rebranded as a LOEB and is now a Metro, but to me it is still the IGA I shopped at as a kid with my mom.

It has a lot going of it as a grocery store given its small footprint.  It has good quality meat compared to most other big name stores.  For me though, it is convenient and familiar, the place I often stop on the way home from work for dinner fixings.



No comments:

Post a Comment