Saturday 14 March 2015

Day Sixty-Three

When I started doing this, one of the things I knew I would post about was the Glebe Barber.

Nabil came to Canada a long time ago.  His father told him that learning to cut hair would be a useful skill.

Now it is how he makes his living.  Along with his wife (who also works), he has raised two amazing young women and become a fixture in the neighbourhood.

He is an amazing guy and I am lucky to have him cut my (and my boy's) hair!

The Glebe barbershop is unique in many ways.  It is  throwback to the barbershops of yor.

But it is also uniquer in the wall coverings.  The walls are covered in international currency.  Not enough to be worth breaking in for, but a lot of fun to look at!



This one shows Nabil trimming and blowdrying an early PM.







1 comment:

  1. A great guy and the boys will have memories of going to Nabil's with you.

    ReplyDelete