Monday 26 January 2015

Day Twenty-Six

When I was but a wee lad, I attended kindergarten and grade one at Mutchmor Public School.  ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutchmor_Public_School ) In grade two the French immersion program moved to First Avenue Public School and so did I.

Fast forward a few years. Because of overcrowding at First Avenue PS, junior kindergarten for both of my kids was held at Mutchmor PS. Next year, the entire French immersion program from First Avenue PS (along with my kids) will be switching buildings with the English and enrichment programs that are currently at Mutchmor PS.  Interesting how I moved one way while they will move the other.

As part of the move, a bunch of new classrooms are being built at Mutchmor PS.  I took this photo of the original part of the building the other day.  I will post some of the new construction once it is complete.


1 comment:

  1. I love this pic. My Grandpa went to Mutchmor as well, sometime around 1915. This building has educated a few of our clan.

    ReplyDelete